The Bank of Philippine Island (BPI) has been given the highest possible rating in South East Asia for its forward-thinking innovations, reliable customer service, successful efforts to earn customers’ trust, and robust financial standing.
Since its founding in 1851, the bank has been an indispensable institution in the everyday life of each and every Filipino.
The BPI also provides users with the option to apply for credit cards either online or via traditional application methods.
How to Submit an Application for a BPI Credit Card
- If you already bank with BPI, your BPI credit card application will be different from that of someone who doesn’t.
- Visit the website (https://www.bpi.com.ph/cards/pq/landing) as the first step.
- Click on the Yes tab if you are an existing customer, and then press the Apply button.
- In the next step, you will need to add the birthdate, mobile number, and email ID. You will also need to confirm the email address.
- Check the bank’s data privacy statement and the captcha to make sure you are not a robot.
- Once you’re done, click “Continue,” and then finish the rest of the application process.
For people who don’t bank with BPI, the application process will go like this.
- In this step, click the “No” button and then the “Apply” button to tell BPI that you are not an existing customer.
- Once you have your documents ready, filling out the application form takes 5–10 minutes.
- Check the options for the type of credit card you want, such as BPI Blue, Edge, Gold, Petron, Amore, Amore Platinum, Visa Signature, and Family Savings Credit card.
- After you choose the type of card, click the tab that says “Continue.” On the next screen, you can choose whether you want a free MasterCard for safe online payments.
- Click on the tab that says “Continue” to go to the next page. On that page, you’ll need to enter your phone number and email address, fill out the Captcha, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the tab that says “Continue” and keep filling out the form to finish it.
What Are the Requirements for the Application?
In order to get a BPI credit card, you must meet a number of requirements.
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old and a Philippine resident or citizen who makes at least 180,000 per year. They must have a business or home phone number, a business or home address, and the other documents listed below.
- Residents who work must show a government-issued ID, the most recent BIR form 2316, and a certificate of employment (COE) with payslips from the current month.
- Residents who are self-employed must submit the first two types of documents, but not a bank stamp or their most recent income tax returns with a BIR or bank stamp.
- Residents from other countries have to show copies of their passports, alien registration certificates, work permits, and papers from the embassy that accredit them.
How Do You Know if Your Application for a BPI Credit Card Has Been Accepted?
Before you can find out if your credit card is approved, you have to wait 14 days. But if you don’t get any notice about your card, you can use one of the two ways below to find out about your BPI credit card.
How to Check the Status of Your BPI Credit Card Application?
- Once the two-week waiting period is over, there are two ways to find out the status of a credit card application.
- Call them and follow the prompts to get in touch with a customer service rep who can tell you how your application is going.
- The other way is to go to the website and then follow the steps below.
- Press the button for “other services.”
- Find the option that tells you to ask about the status of your credit card.
How to Get a BPI Credit Card Without Paying the Annual Fee?
Exclusive BPI cardholders can apply for a different credit card and get a waiver of the annual fee. The offer is good until November 20, 2021, and customers who qualify will get a new credit card.
For that year, the new card will not have to pay the annual fee. Both the old card and the new one will have 50% of their annual fees waived for the next two years.
You can call 79051000 or send an SMS with BPI and the last ten digits of your customer ID to 09190685681.
Here’s a bit about how to apply for a BPI credit card. Before you send in your application, read this article to make sure you understand everything.